School Visits and Workshops
NOTE: To book a virtual visit for the 2020-2021 school year, email Andrea Cruise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a former middle school teacher and author, Ann brings together energy and an inspiring message of student empowerment and empathy.
“Ann Braden is a powerful, energetic force of love, joy, creativity, compassion, and inspiration. She brings her heartwarming story of perseverance to life for her audiences, and she challenges them to find the superpower that exists in themselves and others. She captivated and motivated over 550 7th and 8th graders with her enthusiastic approach.
She personally reached out to the “Zoeys” in our school and empowered them with the desire to discover their individual voices. This was a life-changing, emotional experience for me personally and for so many of our staff and students.”
–Caradith Craven, Librarian in Oklahoma
In Ann’s presentations she draws on the main character Zoey to discuss the steps for being on #TeamOctopus:
1) Recognize your own superpowers.
2) Name the obstacles in your path.
3) Find the courage to speak up.
4) Team up with allies who will listen and support you.
Ann offers three virtual options for school visits:
- A 30-minute virtual Q&A session for $250
- A 50-minute formal virtual presentation for $500
- A full-day virtual author visit for $1200, including 3 main sessions (the regular presentation and/or smaller break-out sessions about the writing process — mix and match however it works for you), as well as a 25-minute virtual lunch chat with a small group of students.