Share your voice!
Some possible starting points…
- If you were going to write a book called the THE BENEFITS OF BEING A _______, how would you fill in that blank. And what would your book be about? It can be fun to choose an animal/food/object (the weirder the better) and use it as a metaphor to explore your main character!
- People at Zoey’s school don’t understand her as a person and what her life’s like. Describe one thing about you or your life that people at school don’t know or understand.
- If you could change one thing about your world, what would you change? Why? Who would you need to talk to to start making that change? What would you say?
- There currently is no sequel to THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN OCTOPUS, but the story could keep going. In your mind, what happens next––or down the road? And which character’s perspective would you write the story from? (Your thoughts as a reader are just as valid as the author’s!)
- Do you have other writing of your own that you want to share with people? Share it here!
Submit either writing, artwork, or a video!
Soon you’ll be able to see your submission here!